Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Rides, Modifications & Racing > Showcase
Showcase A forum dedicated completely to exhibition of your mods!

Old 06-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Another day in paradise...right?!?
LS PLUS Supporting Membership

Post my f-body history!

you guys all know ive had a few f-bodies. however i never really showed them all here. its really my moms fault that i love these cars so much. i remember growing up and my mom driving a 1972 puke green camaro z28 with a 350 in it. at that time it was fast! i cant understand her color choice but she bought it new in that color.

i did try to find a pic. but i cant seem to find one at the moment. quick google search but the color is darker than what my mom had.

my first camaro was 1992 z28 with a 305 a4 in it. my buddy bought it and had it for a few years. he went economy and i bought it off of him for $500.

this would be the car but mine had black racing stripes. lol i dont think i ever took pics of it. odd huh?

i sold that for $1200 and bought a little civic for the time. wrecked the civic and moved to hawaii. came back to mass for a couple months and bought this 1994 camaro m5 with the 3.4. paid a whopping $3200! it was 2006 what can i say i was a newb to the f-body scene. the 92 i really didnt have long and had not joined a forum yet.

i started taking pics when i bought this beauty. she served me well. brought her to hawaii and brought her back. she did have a slight mishap in the middle of the california desert but hey what can you do when the tranny quits on you. insert new tranny and continue onward. ended up selling her to my buddy for i want to say $1800.

bought this and literally had for a month. 1994 3.4 firebird m5. all i could ever smell in this car was gas. still kinda newb and not yet on a forum i parted ways with it. paid $2500 and got my money back on it.

almost on the v6fb scene but not yet...i picked this beauty up. 1997 camaro rs 3.8 m5. paid $3400 for it and sold for $2500. took a hit. had some minor issues but i just wasnt in love with it for some reason.

shortly after buying and selling the 97 i moved onto a 2002 3.8 m5. paid $2800 for it. realized i really missed the damn t-tops from the rs. kept it for a while and decided to part ways. sold for $3500.

finally realized i had an issue with these cars and joined the forum!!! while ive been wheeling and dealing all these cars i have had a 86 fiero gt, 99 audi a4, 97 blazer 2 door. im sure i missed a couple lol. i joined the forum with a 2000 firebird 3.8 m5. i ended up getting this car in trade for my blazer. sadly i sold it. i to this day regret doing that! i paid $1600 for the blazer and sold the firebird for $3900 so i made a huge profit but it still haunts me.

time passes and this was the longest without an f-body. looking and looking and bothering you guys with ?'s and thoughts. well i found a eerily similar 97 rs m5 3.8. so what did i do? bought it!

hung onto it and did some restorations. but sold it...and then the lull began...now to find another. all the while john, dustin, david, and jim were always breaking my balls. why buy another? your just gonna sell it! im sure i missed a few extra ball breakers in that mix.

bought a 94 camaro z28 and decided to go back to a 3.8 crazy huh??? below is a pic of the z.

after selling the z i picked up this beauty. 1999 a4 3.8

sold the 99 and stepped back to a 98 a4 3.8. while i could have kept the car we were moving to florida and i really didnt have a huge bond with it yet so i parted company...pics to follow.

after moving to florida and having the itch for yet another f-body i decided to step it up a notch and bought a 98 z28 a4. il be honest i hardly drove it as i was unemployed at that time and i didnt see the need to waste gas. so...i sold it for a large profit. it did need some work...pics to follow.

after selling the z28 i said thats it! im done no more damn f-bodies! so i decided to go buy a fuel efficient saturn sc2. boy was that car a nightmare! kept it for a few months and sold it just to break even.

after the saturn i was not looking...funds were low and i really was still in no f-body mode. i was on a facebook for sale page in my area and this chick had a 98 camaro v6 a4 with low miles. went and checked it out for shits ang giggles. not bad but at the price she was looking for i passed. about a week later they offered the car to me at a fair price so i took it. this was the car i felt would burn me badly as soon as i got it. however, looking to come into the f-body world again i took a shot. my thoughts were right and the car turned out to have multiple issues. after a couple weeks i flipped it and got my money back, barely...pics to follow.

month or so passes on and i find what i think is a cherry g6 at a steal of a price! it was a fruit all right a lemon! i was the one getting robbed! ended up with a salvage title and praying to unload it which i did.

finally, the current car! 2002 bone stock v6 m5 camaro. not a single option on the car minus cruise and ac. it has a zillion and one miles on it but its perfect for my needs. i have yet to take any real "beauty" shots. here is a quick pic of it. look anyone who knows me can say i dont stick with any car. so for me to say ill keep her is probably a lie. BUT she was cheap and unmolested so i just may keep her! check my current car thread for more details.

http://www.v6f-body.com/showthread.php?t=4522 thats the thread with more about the car.

so theres the history. i just had to write it all out lol.

Last edited by kdm212; 10-08-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Droner
Administrator

very nice sir. that bird was nice....

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Old 06-13-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
very nice sir. that bird was nice....
thanks. should have never sold it.

Last edited by kdm212; 06-13-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm212 View Post
i have not sold it!
YET!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-13-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob8703 View Post
YET!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
wow lol not cool!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:40 PM

i think we need a sticky for our fbody history... sadly i would have the shortest one.

that 92 with the black stripes was exactly like the one in the garage at that house!
i started searching around and it had the rs spoiler and the z28 hood. red black stripes! maybe it was your old one

nice history btw
Old 06-13-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcolt17 View Post
i think we need a sticky for our fbody history... sadly i would have the shortest one.

that 92 with the black stripes was exactly like the one in the garage at that house!
i started searching around and it had the rs spoiler and the z28 hood. red black stripes! maybe it was your old one

nice history btw
ya it was a nice 3rd gen car. lol it would be funny if it made the journey all the way to your neck of the woods. whats up with that house? you gonna get it? camaro needs to be in the deal, or no deal!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Tree Fidy

Lots of good ones in there, I like the the patriot red one, but all the others are pretty nice as well.

The Famiry: 96 3.8 Camaro, 94 3400 swap Chicken 96 3.8 Firechicken, 87 5.0 IRoc, 95 Lt1 swap 3.4 Camaro, 95 Z28, 93 Trans Am RIP
Old 06-13-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8blackmaro View Post
Lots of good ones in there, I like the the patriot red one, but all the others are pretty nice as well.
thank you sir!
Old 06-13-2012, 02:40 PM

idk. its a foreclosure. so the bank has it atm, and we submitted a offer. all we can do is wait.

agent text me and said that they acknowledged the offer, but havent declined, accepted, or countered it. dammit

Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Rides, Modifications & Racing > Showcase