Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Rides, Modifications & Racing > Showcase
Showcase A forum dedicated completely to exhibition of your mods!

Old 10-20-2014, 06:39 AM
Bowtie or Bust

Default A couple sea creatures....

My dad's 76+ Stingray and the 'catfish'

Last edited by ChristCrusader13; 10-20-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Bowtie or Bust

Default Oh what fun!!!!

I was talking to one of my car guys at work about this exhaust rattle I haven't been able to nail down and how I was planning on adding another hanger on the right exhaust tip....

Upon starting the car from standing outside, I was like, ' Sheeze, that's a loud exhaust leak....." He looks under the passanger side and is like 'it could be this crack in the y-pipe'....... sure enough is was cracked, apparently it wasn't bad enough for me to notice, or the whole car was so loud (Flowmaster Exhaust, Roaring passenger rear wheel bearing, and other rattles) that I just hadn't realized it. So I took Camilla down to my dads garage and welded it back up, this will be a temporary fix until I can find a replacement.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:12 AM
Bowtie or Bust

Default Whistler Mod

I did it... Sunday Afternoon between services.....

I told my wife I needed to borrow the oven for about 20 minutes, she was like are you baking me something, of course I said yes....

So.... one thing to note, you can do your light at 300 for 8-10 minutes.... and the will pop right apart... the key for me was flipping them around after 4-5 minutes and making sure you have them on a pan and place them in the oven the same way they mount on your car, and as high up in the oven as you can get them, and do not turn on the broiler...lol....

They came out pretty decent, I really flew threw doing this because I only had a few hours and was working on many other things at one time... I'm please with the result so far, I've still got to wet sand and buff my lights... I did notice the heat made my lights a little hazier, but I was able to pull that haze off with a product called 'Scrath-its'....

My head light out put was not affected at all, I'm using a Xenon 8000K lamp and the lighting out put is so close to before that I cannot tell a change, if there was any at all... I'll post some more pics in the direct light later and also after I rebuff the lenses....

Old 10-20-2014, 07:18 AM
Bowtie or Bust

Default The Correction for Imperfection?

My next long working task is removing the SMASH on the side of Camilla over the fender.... I've been working on this in stages... so far I've moved the the nastiest part back out about 1" (hammer from inside the fender) and I used one of the pop a dent glue pullers to work the rolled area.... the metal is cooperaing fairly decent...

Unfortunately it looks like I will have to tap a hole and use a slide hammer to pull the section just above the wheel out, as the crease is too deep I really don't like drilling holes in my vehicles.... but unless I cut the inner fender out so I can acess it, i may have to.... Any ideas?

Old 10-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Droner
LS PLUS Supporting Membership
Administrator

you are going to need to do some body work anyway. a hole isn't going to hurt you any

Glad you found the leak. Sometimes those things are just irritating.

The Whistler mod is by far one of my favs

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"
Old 10-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Bowtie or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpbr2000 View Post
you are going to need to do some body work anyway. a hole isn't going to hurt you any

Glad you found the leak. Sometimes those things are just irritating.

The Whistler mod is by far one of my favs
Yeah... i just hate drilling in holes to pull out dents... just seems savage, everything else I've done it on is a rust beater... this just seems.... i dunno... a little more painful

I have to agree the whistler is a sweet look.... I may get these lenses completely polished out by the weekend!

Old 10-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Another day in paradise...right?!?

looking sharp sir!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Bowtie or Bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm212 View Post
looking sharp sir!
Thanks!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:58 AM
Bowtie or Bust

Cool smallish update

I noticed a small whine in Camilla after I did all that rear end work and fixed the exhaust leak up front... At first I thought it was power steering, but it sounded like a very dull power steering whine.... and it wasn't consistent with the motor.....

So I threw Camilla up last night on some stands to check the placement on the nut on the front of the rear-end. After very close examination I realized that I somehow had marked the big nut and the yoke in two places, so I backed the nut up about 3 degrees maybe, which transferred to about 3/16" along the outer edge of the nut.... Had my lovely wife work the e-brake and Park-Neutral for me while I bolted the drive shaft back up....

I'm proud to report no whine on my ride in this morning!

Lesson learned... as my buddy said yesterday... 'I make a line across the whole nut or screw, to ensure I get it back to where it was at'.....

Another note.... my new fog lamp bulbs came in 8000K to match my head lights...

Next upgrade are some smoked or black signal lenses for the front.... Then maybe figure out how I'm going to mount my double DIN head unit.... Anybody purchase one of those facia kits that replace out stock one?????

I'm going double DIN because I got the unit cheap and it came with the steering wheel controls module which I thought was totally awesome.... of course it probably will never work hahahahaaa
Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Droner
Administrator

these cars have to be modified for double din. its designed for din 1.5 max. its been discussed a few times but nothing really have been done yet. you will have to cut up a radio bezel for sure and possibly mold a new section

96 Camaro Cam'd anti-Coupe
Dyno'd @ 213 RWHP (NA)
"OperationX"

Go Back   V6 F-Body.com > Rides, Modifications & Racing > Showcase